Being part of a Parent Council or Parent Teacher Association can be rewarding and fun. It can also be challenging, for lots of reasons. There are many positives to be gained, as you make new friends, get to know and support your school and learn new skills - but we also understand the frustrations, questions and issues that can arise
Parental engagement Success Stories from across Scotland
Read the latest news from Connect, from Partnership Schools Scotland and from Scottish education here, as well as recent information on education policy. You can also find blogs by Connect staff and by our guest bloggers on this page. Reports on our surveys are posted here too.
- Connect’s response to the proposed changes to the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme, July 2018
- Comment on the Education and Skills Committee's Inquiry into Attainment and Achievement of School Children Experiencing Poverty Report
- Connect's Listing of Local Authority Summer Holiday Activities and Lunch Clubs
Events and Training
Connect's events and training listings
Find out about the latest policy developments in Scottish education. Connect's submissions to consultations are here as well as our reports on our surveys, conferences and our Annual Reports
- Connect's response to the Scottish Government Consultation on the Early Years and Childcare Service Model for 2020, June 2018
- Connect responds to the Scottish Government's Consultation on Excellence and Equity for All: Guidance on the Presumption of Mainstreaming, February 2018
- Connect's submission to the Education & Skills Committee Call for Evidence on Senior Phase Pathways, June 2018
We regularly seek your views so that we can reflect those views to policy-makers and in our consultation responses. Please join our Parents' Voice survey group - we need you!