Laws and Policies for Families and Schools
Connect's work includes making sure all those involved in Parent Councils and PTAs know about the laws affecting what they do, they advice they provide to parents and how they operate.
Download Connect's Laws and Policies for Families and Schools leaflet.
This leaflet describes key legislation which enshrines in law parents', families' and children's rights withineducation and children's services. This includes:
- The Scottish Schools (Parental Involvement) Act 2006
- The Children and Young People Act (2014)
- The United Nations Convention of the Rights of the Child
- The Education (Additional Support for Learning) Act 2014
- Equality Act (2014).
Important policy includes:
- Curriculum for Excellence (CfE)
- Getting it Right for Every Child (GIRFEC).