Become A Director
Our Directors are a mix of parents and teachers (though the Chair must always be a parent). We can also appoint Directors who can bring a specific skill to the Board (eg communications, financial or legal skills).
Our Directors are charity trustees as well as being Directors of a Company Limited by Guarantee, and any parent from a Member group can stand for nomination to the Board. You can read about becoming a Director of our organisation here. The nomination form for becoming a Director is available here.
Current Directors are
- Lindsay Law (Convener) is a parent nominated by Flora Stevenson Primary School in Edinburgh
- Jeanna Brady (Vice Convener) is a parent nominated by Bruntsfield Primary in Edinburgh
- Elizabeth Watt (Secretary) is a parent nominated by Kellands Primary School in Aberdeenshire
- George Gilchrist is retired head teacher of Parkside Primary School, Jedburgh @GilchristGeorge
- Neil McLennan is Senior Lecturer & Director of Leadership Programmes at the University of Aberdeen School of Education (co-opted) @neiledinburgh
- Alan McKay is a parent nominated by Masterton Primary School in Dunfermline
- Maryam Imran is a parent nominated by Carolside Primary School in East Renfrewshire
- Melvyn Roffe is the Principal at George Watson’s College in Edinburgh. He was nominated to the board by the Scottish Council of Independent Schools
- Wendy Tubi brings her extensive Human Resources experience to the Connect Board as well her educational interests
- Veronica Watson is appointed director with responsibility for finance
- Fiona Gray is appointed director for her experience in commerce and HR.